Long day. Highlights
- Hosted that baby shower, like a bamf aunt.
- Finally was mildly recognized for all of my efforts. (Recognition is important to me, sue me.)
- Took inventory of who was really there for me.
- Painted my nails this really pretty summery coral-orange color.
- Tested out my new summer dress. Smashing success. Except I’ve been told I shouldn’t wear it to that military graduation. Apparently it’s not formal enough.
- Went to the drive in movie theater for the first time since 2009. My first attempt at recreating a memory there, where he and all of that once began. It was worth a shot. I think Abby, Josh, and I are really well suited for movie watching together. It was the first time I was with people who understand the “rules” of watching a movie. You simply don’t fucking speak unless it’s really important or you really don’t understand something.
- A/J fight a lot though. And they haven’t had sex in a year. They may be on the verge of a split. Methinks/worries. Nonemybidness tho.
- My European travel passes finally arrived. Eeee!
Aaaand I must sleep. The brother wants to see the new Star Trek early as shit tomorrow, and I’m exhausted. Good night.
Drive in movie tonight, beautiful night!!
I’m going to see this thing through. Even though I know they won’t appreciate it. And my efforts are severely underappreciated. I’m just beyond pissed off.